Have you ever eaten in a food hall? If so, you probably recall the enticing array of restaurants and crowded dining areas. Those were the old days. Now, more people order food delivery online so they can dine from the comfort of their homes. Actually, 52% of customers in America do so once a month — and most of those orders happen via apps.
Businesses now offer innovative service models to meet customers’ appetites for hassle-free delivery. A virtual food hall is one example of how they’ve adapted to consumers’ ever-changing needs. But what is a virtual food hall, and how do they work?
If you’re curious about how virtual food halls benefit both consumers and businesses, keep reading to learn more.
Virtual Food Hall: Defined
A virtual food hall is a mobile phone app that allows customers to browse menus and order delivery or pickup from various restaurants in one transaction. It’s a convenient and exciting way for customers to dine comfortably at home, work or on the go while having endless choices at their fingertips.
How does it work? After a customer places an order through the app, chefs prepare their food and a delivery service brings the complete package to their door or the customer picks up the food from the location. A customer’s order comes from a facility that includes turn key kitchens and several restaurants operating under one roof. This facility doesn’t have a dining area, so customers only choose delivery or curbside pickup. Some virtual food halls allow customers to step inside the building and order takeout on a kiosk or through an employee.
Benefits of a Virtual Food Hall for Customers
Are you struggling to decide between burgers or sushi? If you order from a virtual food hall, you don’t have to pick one restaurant over another to save time. You really can have your cake and eat it, too.
Here are more benefits for customers:
- One delivery fee: When you order delivery the traditional way from various restaurants, fees and tips add up fast. A virtual food hall allows you to still enjoy a range of items from your favorite brands while only paying one delivery fee since your collective order comes from one place.
- Convenience: A virtual food hall is a convenient way to order food from multiple restaurants. All you have to do is visit an app, add items to your cart and checkout. No phone calls or web surfing is required!
- Contact-free service: Many of today’s customers request contact-free delivery. Virtual food halls enable contactless delivery because you don’t have to interact with cashiers or servers. You can also add the tip to your online transaction, meaning you don’t have to hand cash over to the delivery driver.
- Same-time delivery: Waiting for food to arrive from different restaurants is frustrating during a family dinner or gathering with friends. With a virtual food hall, the delivery driver brings everything to your door at the same time.
- Meal diversity: Order from a virtual food hall and you can say goodbye to arguing with friends or family over where to eat. If mom wants pizza and dad wants steak, they can both get their way and have a peaceful dinner.
- Sampling opportunities: Have you ever wanted just an appetizer from a restaurant but didn’t want to pay a delivery fee for one small item? If you’re going to sample different appetizers from various places, ordering delivery from a virtual food hall makes perfect sense.
- Improved menu comprehension: Ordering delivery online allows you to take your time reading menus and deciding what you want to eat. If you want to look up a menu item beforehand, you can easily do so. You won’t be standing in line or sitting in a drive-thru with other customers behind you, which makes ordering food a lot less stressful.
How Does a Virtual Food Hall Benefit My Restaurant?
Are you a restaurant owner? Virtual food halls offer many benefits for your business, such as:
- Reduces expenses: Virtual food halls don’t require waitstaff or dining areas. Therefore, you won’t have to invest in a brick-and-mortar location or cope with high administrative fees. Instead, you’ll partner with a virtual food hall and pay a flat rental fee to use a turnkey kitchen in their facility.
- Boosts customer satisfaction: Many customers say convenience is their top reason for supporting a restaurant. A virtual food hall is all about convenience, as customers use a simple app to visit and order from various restaurants without leaving their homes. If you join a virtual food hall, you’ll likely increase customer satisfaction.
- Keeps you ahead of the competition: If you want to get ahead of the game, you need to keep up with industry trends. The online ordering and delivery services industries are expected to grow to more than $120 billion this year, and more customers expect restaurants to offer these options. By partnering with a virtual food hall, you’ll capitalize on a phenomenon that makes you money and beats out the competition.
- Increases exposure: A virtual food hall may include established brands that draw customers to the app. Even if customers visit a virtual food hall to order from their favorite restaurant, they’ll notice other brands as they browse. Whether you’re just getting started in the restaurant business or want to build your customer base, a virtual food hall will help customers become more familiar with your name.
- Invites revenue growth: A virtual food hall might give your restaurant a revenue boost. Customers tend to buy extra items when they order food digitally. You’ll also attract new customers who prefer food delivery apps and increase your profits that way.
What Is a Ghost Kitchen?
You probably hear the term “ghost kitchen” tossed around with virtual food halls. A ghost kitchen is a commercial space you rent to offer online delivery or pickup services. Ghost kitchens are also called virtual kitchens or cloud kitchens. A virtual food hall consists of multiple ghost kitchens.
How does a ghost kitchen work? Like the ones for rent at Revolving Kitchen, our ghost kitchens come fully equipped and ready for cooking. You can rent one of our kitchens in our commissary and production facility on a short-term or long-term basis. After you contact us and join our Dallas-Fort Worth community, you’ll have access to the following:
- Our 34,000-square-foot facility
- A private kitchen furnished with high-grade equipment fit to accommodate various food restrictions
- Numerous amenities such as facility-wide Wi-Fi and walk-in coolers and freezer.
The benefits of joining Revolving Kitchen include:
- Flat pricing that includes the kitchen space, equipment maintenance and utilities
- Flexible lease options to meet your needs
- 24/7 use of your kitchen space
- Convenient location near the interstate
- Speedy startup times
As a turnkey solution, you also won’t need to bother with administrative tasks and fees. Once you become a Revolving Kitchen member, your ghost kitchen will be waiting for you and ready for your culinary touch!
Place Your Order Now From Revolving Kitchen
Are you hungry to learn more? Check out our Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants or place your order in our virtual food hall. If you’re a restaurant owner craving an affordable ghost kitchen, ask us how to join Revolving Kitchen today!